Re: oops!

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Phil Cole wrote:

> The clipboard does not seem to work between DOS programs running in
> Windows and Windows programs. Am I missing something? Phil

If you temporarily switched the DOS program's display to (reduced)
"windowed" (Alt-Enter, unless you've disabled that shortcut key in the
DOS program's .pif file), you can use the clipboard with it.

It's not elegant (you have to click on the upper left corner icon to get
the management menu, select Edit, then in the appropriate sequence Mark,
Copy, or Paste), but it does serve effectively. Since DOS programs are
sluggish and awkward in the windowed mode, it's best to run them in
full-window mode except when you want to exchange data with another
(Windows or DOS) program.

 Of course, any special characters in that DOS program (like Nota Bene's
2-byte Lingua characters) which have no Windows counterpart will not
transfer and still look the same, nor will any font display information,
but the ascii characters do transfer without incident.

	Dorothy

---
Dorothy Day
Indiana University