Re: Problem in Conversion of Xy4 to PDF

Peter

Your problem is that the half, quarter etc are not defined in the
POST47.PRN printer driver (or the POST-HP3.PRN one either). All the
non-standard characters are substituted in the drivers by the tilde.

However, the good news is that in the 4th update of POST-HP4.PRN
(22/3/1994) they were added by "jpj" according to the audit trail.

If you don't have a copy of POST-HP4.PRN, I can let you have one. I
seem to remember that it was standard issue with XY4DOS.

These days I have to PDF all my study material created in XyWrite
because the University of South Africa now has all its study material
available to students on line in PDF format.

There are a variety of freeware PS to PDF converters incuding Ghost
View 4 itself and 5DtoPDF (http://www.five-d.com/).

Regards
Jon Inggs

  Jon Inggs
Telephone: (012) 429-4464
  Economics Dept                      Fax:
   (012) 429-3433
  PO Box 392
  UNISA
  0003