Re: Windows 10 is creeping into your system, it is time to make a decision!

Reply to note from Kari Eveli  Sat, 28 Nov 2015
12:57:57 +0200

> I discovered that there is a simple program that gets rid of
> this forced install, namely GWX Control Panel, download from:
> http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

The Get Windows 10 icon has just been sitting unobtrusively in my
system tray, no nags. Nevertheless, since I have no present intention
of upgrading, I ran GWX Control Panel (portable version) to disable
GWX across reboots and delete the setup files from my drive, and I
enabled monitoring to check for X-related changes to my system. I do
like the fact that all of these steps are reversible in case I later
change my mind. Many thanks, Kari, for the download link -- and the
reviews.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx