printing from Xywrite in Linux

from "Raphael Tennenbaum" :
>can you print from XyWrite in Dosbox? I seem to remember some back-and-forth
>about this a few months ago.

Hi Rafe:

Yes, I can print, though not directly in Xywrite in Dosbox. Paul Lagassé figured this out.
Though he does something more sophisticated, I use the TYF command on the xywrite command line, like
so:

TYF c:/directory/filename

This creates the file fo.tmp in the above directory, which I then print using the following command
in a terminal window (comparable to the DOS command prompt window in Windows):

lpr directory/fo.tmp

Note that you have to list the full path to the directory above for this to work.

Your xywrite file will print, exactly as you formated it in Xywrite.

Since I don't do a lot of printing in Xywrite, this kludge works for me.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705
301-937-0394