Re: Printing XyWrite

At 12:39 PM 9/23/2006, you wrote:
Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm on my fourth USB printer now and I've had nothing but trouble with all of them
(although I've never had problems with any other type of USB gadget).
I don't know what it is about them but they regularly loose the ability to communicate
with the computer, and have to be "rebooted'. They always re-connect,
but it's annoying.
Really? That's surprising. I have an Epson here, and have used three HP deskjets at various times on various PCs at the office: all USB, no connection problems
My experience was that the HP Laserjet printed XyWrite fine as long as I
was using a WIn98 machine, but as soon as I switched to XP Pro I
experienced numerous problems.
                                            John
--well, one has an occasional problem, but that's definitely in the WordPerfect setup; nothing to do with USB as such. Have you tried?
1. Changing USB ports
2. Changing USB cables
3. Checking the USB and printer properties in Control Panel
Now Multifunctions, as opposed to printers pure and simple, are another story. I had a Brother MFC, and it drove me bonkers. Used to corrupt its drivers, and one had to uninstall the whole megillah (which involved editing the Windows Registry, since uninstall left hundreds of Registry entries), then reinstall. Did it three times, then said, "This is idiotic"; kept it as a standalone fax & copier and got myself a real printer.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx

John H. Kessel