Printing XY3+ under OS2Warp

I am new mmbr and think ur list is great.
I use Xy3+, have XYDos4 but never bothered learning all the
differences. I use OS2Warp
(fullpack) and Xy3+ works great (just as it did with
OS2 2.11 for Win). I have one main problem, though:

Xy3+ under OS2 2.11 for Win printed great. Large files were
spooled almost instantly and control of my computer returned
almost immediately. However, this does not occur in Warp. My
machine freezes or stutters as if I had no memory, yet i have
16MB RAM and a 30Mb swapfile. Is there some particular setting
that will make the print file dump into the spooler faster? I
print large text files and the wait is murder.