RE: printers for xywrite

Jordan:

We use 3hplaser.prn with Lexmark Optra 410, 1220 and 1855 printers, which auto-emulate; and with Epson Action Laser 1500 (emulating an HP3 laser printer). We used to also use an 8000-series Epson Action Laser in HP3 emulation mode.

We use 3dj5-10u.prn with 600 and 800 series HP color printers.

Rob

-----Original Message----- From: jr_fox@xxxxxxxx [mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 4:25 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: printers for xywrite perschau@xxxxxxxx wrote: > The 3hplaser.prn printer driver works fine with the HP, Epson and Lexmark > printers in our office. These printers range from brand new to 5 years old > or older. The same driver sometimes works with newer HP color inkjet > printers. When it doesn't, we use 3dj5-10u.prn. > Rob Perschau Rob, Can you i.d. which models (and inkjet or laser) of Epson and Lexmark ? The 3dj5-10u.prn you mentioned could be the one I was thinking of in my more long-winded reply to Janet, but I'd have to check to make sure. It might have been a 4-series printer file. I think I have at least 10 stock HP-DJ5 printer files here, probably for different purposes such as different font sets. And it may be that the 3-series printer files have some size limitations not present in the 4-series ones. Jordan