FILEMENU.PM (formerly FAVORITE.PM)

After I posted FAVORITE.PM yesterday, it occurred to me
that the routine could benefit from a few easily-added
features.

First, to tie the program to a single list of
"favorites" seemed arbitrary. Why not have access to an
alternate list as well or, better still, to an unlimited
number of lists?

Second, Dick Giering's idea of being able to pick a file
by typing a number is a good one. But the setup should
be painless, and the user should be able to add or
delete filenames at will without reconfiguring. And,
for easy maintenance, you ought to be able to number the
lists using Xy's automatic counters. Moreover, if you
know the number of the file you want, why fool around
with the menu at all? Why not go directly to the file?

Finally, a comment by Rene suggested to me that the user
should have the option of keeping the menu around after
a file is CAlled.

The attached program -- now renamed to FILEMENU.PM --
implements all of these changes. Give it a spin.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx