Re: yahoo mail

> I've been with Compuserve for 16 years, and I'm getting a little
> disaffected after some lost mail and assorted problems. I am thinking
> of going Yahoo. Thanks for any counsel.> > Bruce Felknor

Why don't you try it out? It is free, and in the options you can set it to
call in copies of your unread COMPUSERV in-box messages (leaving the
originals in place until you delete them), so you lose nothing. Also has
advantage of being able to log in from any browser anywhere.

I signed up on their website while away in Cambodia, where I was having
occasional troubles getting through to my university account by TELNET
command (some servers aren't set right for it). My experience has been
generally very good, except sometimes slow connecting during the
good-morning-america hours when the whole continent is apparently logging
in.
And I have had some brief interruptions (come back in 10 minutes, the
message usually says) but often find trying immediately gets me through.

Of course, I haven't been sending any yahoo mail to Nathan, so I don't
know whether the little Yahoo self-promotional tag will get its tail
caught in the screen door or not.

Anyhow, it's worked well enough so these days I work mainly with Yahoo,
pulling in my stannard@xxxxxxxx mail with a routine click on "check
other mail." It's been convenient for me. Try it out.

         Ted Stannard

PS I don't mind the new MS whistles, but I resent being forced to
needlessly buy them by planned obsolesence through deliberate backward
incompatibility. Don't like getting my tail caught in revolving Gates-ways
Also don't like the notion that not only is the industry deliberately
churning, but now Gates wants to collect again for every turn of the
screw... His marketing is designed to enslave, not empower, the consumer.

=====