RE: TTG's BBS and Applic.Notes

On 16 Jan 97 at 23:45, Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:

> Jay Frankland wrote:

> > Our web address is www.tgrp.com. Please take a look and tell
> > us what you think.

> Although I am not the person to whom this note was addressed, I
> did take a look, and all I saw was a blank screen with the
> message "[Include Bot]". Now I would gladly include Bot if only I
> knew who he or she or it is and where he or she or it resides in
> the wide world of the web.

Bot is short for robot, an automated process. Include might be
reference to a server-side include (HTML/CGI stuff in web page
construction).

> Barring that, I can't help thinking
> that this long-promised web site seems symptomatic of practically
> everything I have seen TTG doing: lots of promises up front
> followed by belated and very half-derriered delivery.

Well, there "is" an Under Construction frame at their technical
support link. (Actually it's one of the better under construction
graphics I've seen, and I already stole the waving diskette
animated graphic at that same frame. )

I don't personally think frames is a smart idea for web pages
lest there is an alternative for people with browsers that don't
support frames, or the person has chosen to turn frames off (I
find frames crowding especially when surfing via laptop and small
screen), but by and large the web site looks good and is shaping up.

I see the [Include Bot] is in the NOFRAMES block of the source
code, which is what will happen when a no frames browser hits the
page. Perhaps that's what you encountered and the robot isn't
installed just yet. Which browser did you use?

Bob