Re: WinXP screen buffer

Yes, but I think VMware is not emulation--if it's like Mac's Fusion. It is
supposed to let you *install* OS X, and takes care of the things you are
having problems with--the drivers and such. I may be wrong about it "taking
care of" these things, since I can't get it to work.
The Dell Mini 10v, along with a number of other "netbooks", actually
run OS X "straight", as it were, not via emulation.
 The idea is that
since Mac is now using Intel processors, OS X ought to run natively on
similar Intel machines. And it does. The main problems seem to be
with drivers for video cards, WiFi etc. Some of the netbooks
apparently need drivers that OS X happens to support, so they run OS X
fairly well. I don't know where or why I am having problems.

OS X on the little Dell 10V is not as easily accomplished as Linux /
Ubuntu, which I installed this morning. My 10V is now dual-boot:
WinXP (SP3) and Ubuntu 9.04.

Myron

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx