Re: configure Xywrite for USB printer?

Robert wrote:
Harry's instructions were for Xy4, so they don't apply.
Hey, I'm hurt. I thought my instructions (vaguely) covered both. And your
instructions are the same as mine, except I recommended using some LPT port
number higher than LPT1 (re-assigning LPT1 seemed to produce problems on my
system).
Anyway, we agree that the essential solution is via NET USE to send it to
\\LIZ (or whatever the computer name is). Of course, I got this solution
from you, originally!
BTW, Liz, if your computer name has a space in it, try enclosing it in
quotes, as in:

net use lpt2 "\\This Computer" /Persistent:Yes

If that doesn't work, rename it to something short and spaceless.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx