Re: U2 glitches

** Reply to note from Judith Davidsen Tue, 13 Jun 2000 01:05:15 -0400

Judith:

I embedded, in the func list, commands that display the current KBD
assignment -- if any -- of each listed func. When you sneak up on
NK slowly, do you see any KBD assignment for it? If so, what does it say?
Do the funcs listed immediately below NK (NL, NM, NN, etc.) display OK?
Are any bizarre KBD assignments reported? Possibly there's an error in
the KBD file that isn't trapped when you load KBD.

In displaying this information, XyWrite is fetching data from DOS. I have
seen an error with NBWin where it bombed on the list of VAriables (again,
occasionally complex data fetched from DOS under VirusNT) when I
"scurried" around. Just possibly there is some DOS routine that's buggy
-- I'd like to know what. The common sense conclusion is that some
element of XyWrite is overwhelming DOS with requests; or alternatively
that XyWrite can't keep up with the info pouring in from DOS; or
I-dunno-what. Basically what we're doing here is entirely unexceptional
and legal, so... I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------