Re: 4.015

In article <16266AE4736@xxxxxxxx>,
"William Allen"  wrote:
| OK. I'll take care of the $15 and do the upgrade. But first, tell
| me, have Orbis and Ibid also been upgraded? If so, am I going to
| have to fork over money for them as well? You see, my problem is
| that I think I never got a fully-functional Xy4/Ibid/Orbis. The
| things just never worked right. And now I have to pay to get stuff
| that I hope has been debugged.

When I ordered my upgrade I mentioned that I was a registered user of
both XyWrite 4.0 and Orbis. I was sent upgrades for XyWrite and
Orbis. Both work fine, generally speaking. I ran into a problem of
not being able to install 4.017 without first deinstalling Orbis,
which I've already mentioned. (The install appears to work but
editor.exe isn't replaced.) This may be a problem peculiar to my
setup.

Orbis was never 100 percent stable for me, and the Orbis upgrade has
already hung once. However, it's not easy to say exactly what is to
blame since I have stability problems with a few other DOS programs.
(Most are rock solid.) I run OS/2 on a Gateway 2000 laptop, so flacky
hardware could be a culprit. Who knows? In any case, even a 95
percent stable Orbis is useful to me. I just save my file first
before making an Orbis inquiry. Humm. I should just add a save to my
keyboard file so this happens automatically. Isn't the flexibility of
XyWrite wonderful?

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play: dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan                       dkanagy@xxxxxxxx