Who makes the BBS?

I give! I give! But! You *do* have the option of mono on my board,
FYI. When the log on prompt asks if you want graphics, you just answer
N (for "no" ) and then you don't get color. Actually, this is
one feature of PC Board that I *didn't* like, since RBBS-PC was more
flexible in that it distinguished between ascii, graphics and color (as
I recall, I gave up my straight text WELCOME screen -- gladly! -- when
I switched). But no one has reported a problem handling the graphics
screen minus the color. It was only an issue for the WELCOME screen.
The menus were not a problem.
 As I've said before, I run my BBS for *my* pleasure, so by definition
I am a major player. I definitely agree that you can get by with a
minimum of technofiddling. My BBS works -- everything has been a
non-BETA version for quite some time now. And unless there's a
hardware problem, I'm done throwing my money into
it. I like this version of PC Board (14.5) and all of my background
programs work just fine.
  The only substantive operational change I've made is to go public.
And successfully, by my definition. I was worried about maintaining
the quality of interaction; not to worry. I can't tell you how many
new registrants I've had who never call back once they realize they
don't get access immediately. And I've only had, I think, two "weirdo"
logons. The folks who did call back and read messages, well, they
stayed and participated. So I'm happy. And I think my callers are
happy. Of course, once we all get DOS 5 humming along with our various
parts, the message rate is going to drop drastically!