Re: Can I install Xywrite

> Am purchasing new computer. Will I be able to install XyWrite4.12 for > Windows on new PC with XP?
For what it's worth, here's what I did. I never was happy with XyWin on Win95 but it sometimes worked OK, especially if not too many fonts were used. I took the entire contents of my Win95 hard disk over to XP. I just tried running XyWin and it works fine even though it can't find some of the config files. But it can't find the "Adobe PS4 driver" and is not recognizing any of my fonts. I have forgotten how to redo the print driver in XyWin. I feel sure that NotaBene would be a better bet for those who want a Xy-Like word processor run under Windows, but I have no personal experience with it. Yet, it seems that XyWin can run at least to a limited extent under XP. Perhaps if someone can give me some advice about how to reconfigure the printer files, I can try to do a little more with it. It would be nice to know that I could use it when I wanted to. When, when, when, will there be a version of XyWin/ Notabene that will give us some of the typographical functionality of Quark and give us the ability not to have to use Quark for typesetting? Speaking of Quark, has everyone seen the headlines about Adobe's would-be Quark Killer? http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0112/dec18.php