Re: vDos for XyWrite

Carl and Joaquín,

This is quite exciting. It is a good solution as a runtime environment
for Xy3, Xy4, and even NB3. I am not sure whether I will prefer it to
running the programs under MS-DOS/Win 3.1 Dos boxes, though. But for the
casual user or the user who just wants to run Xy under Win64-bit and
nothing more, this is easier to set up and to just run.

That said, while trying to paste text from the clipboard, I lost my NB3
cursor. I could save the file, AB and CALL, and regain the cursor. If
this were really bugfree, it would perhaps beat other options. Then
there are issues with clipboard support: vDos sends text a screen at a
time to the Windows clipboard, ideally it should send the entire file or
the Xy define to the clipboard. And text from the Windows clipboard is
truncated, so one has to use shared files to get data passed to one
system to another as in VirtualPC 2007 MS-DOS/Win 3.1.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx