Re: EMS memory

Harry Binswanger wrote:

Request for an update:
Is there really any need today for the use-EMS switch in a call to Xy? As I recall, it has effect only for the Microlytics spell-checker. Does not using it infringe on Xy's other 64k buffers?

There NEVER was a need for it unless you wanted to use LESS than 4000.
Read the CRG, p. 2-33: "If [sc. e/4000 is] omitted, XyWrite uses up to 4MB." Robert and I did some extensive testing of this a couple of years back and confirmed that IF you HAVE EMS memory, Xy will glom onto it, with or without the /e4000 switch.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx