Re: dictionary desk space

 Concerning dictionaries of a different sort, you may want to
 have a look at two free dictionaries:

 1. Tinyspell and/or Tinyspell+. The first is free, while the
   second cost $7.00 U.S. It is possible to use them with
   a U.S. speller, a U.K. speller, a French speller, etc.
   They are advertised as useful for programmes that do not
   have a built-in speller. However, it is my experience
   that they are also useful even with programmes that have
   a speller, since they can be made to beep whenever one
   hits a wrong set of keys. While it is assumed that they
   only work with Windows programmes, I have noted that the
   the free version, and possible the other one too, also works
   with XY4. The plus here is that you can also teach it new
   words, technical terms, etc., and thus prevent it from
   beeping as you type. Look for ver. 1.5.012.

 2. The next programme is not so much a distionary as it is a
   corrector of standard typos, i.e., "amd" for "and", "teh" for
   "the", plus many other typos. Here again you can teach it
   to correct your own typos, and/or to expand your shorthand
   expressions. I've not tried to use it with XY4. Well I
   just did, and it expands abbreviations. This little programme
   works with AUTOHOTKEY. The dictionary is taken from Wikipedia's
   commonly misspelled words.

 I hope this may be of assistance to someone.

 M.W. Poirier

 P.S.: I just noted that both programmes will even "correct" or
 spell-check e-mail.

----