Re: XYdos & new desktop

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:
> What do you mean? Is the "DOS window" the running of Xy "maximized"
> or "full screen"? Or is it MS-DOS itself, not Xy

Xy in a window, maximized (or minimized--they actually look the same).
Changing the font settings had no effect. I don't intend to tweak
further because full screen works fine, it's all I need, and I have no
time, being continually on deadline.

I think there was discussion of this small window problem when running
DOS programs under XP recently on list. Check archives.

--- Bill Mallon  wrote:
> I also have 3.55 and have just
> bought a Dell and XP Pro. Could you tell me what those tweaks were
> you made to Properties and Resolution to get it to run full-screen?

>When I go out of Window with XyW into full-screen mode, the XyWrite
>portion only fills the upper half of the screen

Yes, this was the problem.

In window right click mouse to get menu. Click "Properties." Click
"Compatibility". Check "640 x 480 screen resolution".

The only other things I did, I believe, were to uncheck all windows
short-cut keys except alt+enter (toggles from full screen to window). I
don't know if that is necessary, but since I have my sav/gets on alt
keys, didn't want to have conflicts.

Lisa

=====
Lisa Kleinholz