Re: OT: Wireless Internet

tebrake@xxxxxxxx wrote:
As I recall, this thread began with a query about the deployment of wireless networks across communities (WiMax).
Harry had asked about that, but my query was about using cellular
connections to access the Net. Because my landlines arer still (3
weeks and counting) a mess.
 It turns out that my
home town of Brooten, Minnesota, has just such a thing
Good for them. There are a lot of places where it will never be
economically profitable for the telcos or the cable companies to
build out wire or fiber, so their inhabitants will be stuck with
dialup speeds forever if something like this doesn't happen.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx