RE: Backup--a different approach

Jordon,

This should answer your question: https://www.storagecraft.com/support/forum/do-we-need-backup-unknownunrecognized-partitions

Michael

From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J R FOX
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:11 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Backup--a different approach

"Just downloaded ReBuilder app for windows; which creates a recovery disk, the only way to restore a full volume."

Could you please elaborate on this ?  Are you saying that making an image of the boot partition is not sufficient for restoring your system to functionality ?  (I'm accustomed to making additional images for my other partitions.  And I know you may still need to image the System Reserved partition as well (which is about 100 M. in size, as the first partition), if there is one.  I have computers that have this, and ones that don't.  Not entirely sure how that came about.  I never quite learned (or remembered) how to avoid making one of these when installing Windows.  That's the way I would prefer it -- not having that extra partition to deal with.  But once it's there, I guess you are just stuck with it.

A friend of mine much prefers to have his Win boot partitions be Logicals, rather than Primaries.  That is something I think I managed to accomplish back with NT, but not ever since then.

   Jordan