From: Frank Tirado [mailto:ftirado@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 May 2000 16:29
To: dg32@xxxxxxxx
Subject: VIRUS!!!!!

Hello Jeremy,
    Our firewall intercepted the Wscript.KakWorm script virus in
an email you sent to xywrite@xxxxxxxx in reply to one sent
by Morris Krok to that same list. In view of the potential threat
these malicious programs pose to your data (and that of others), may I
respectfully suggest that you scan your machine with an antivirus
program?

 Our scanner removed the virus from the email before forwarding it
to it's recipient here. Others might not be so fortunate.  You
should notify other persons listed in your address book after you
clean your machine so that they, too, can take steps to protect their
systems (if they opened your email, their computers almost certainly
became infected).

Fortunately, removal is pretty easy:

Look for and delete this file: KAK.HTA
Look for and delete this registry key:
 HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run/cAgOu

Further information can be found here:

 http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.html

If you would like to have a free, full featured antivirus product
with frequent updates, go here:

 http://www.cai.com/registration/

Go down to the Free Downloads section and click on the "Download
InoculateIT Personal Edition Software" link.

I'll be happy to help should you need further assistance.

Regards,

 Frank Tirado
 Information Systems Security Program Manager
 USDA - Economic Research Service
 Phone - (202) 694-5095  (USA)