Backup software

To confirm: ShadowProtect is unmatched for reliability. (I won’t let Acronis anywhere near my system after multiple bad experiences.)

Add a second hard disk to your system (or attach it via a USB 3.0 port) and set ShadowProtect to
back up your entire disk to it, with a full backup once every week or so, and an incremental backup
daily (or even more often). I also make a full ShadowProtect backup on a separate USB 3.0 hard disk
once every week or so and store it away from the computer.

Restore points are often very useful but they don’t always work (System Restore didn’t
solve a problem for me just last week). When that happens, I restore from a ShadowProtect backup;
that always works. I use Dropbox to make sure that current versions of my documents are always
available.