Linux & the real world

> Sent: Thursday, November 18, 1999 1:49 PM

> A word about Linux in general. This is a truly mind-boggling communal open
> source programming effort whose idealism is reminiscient of the '60's peace
> movement. However, for anyone who has to interact with the real computing
> world, it is incomplete and rough-edged. And, it is not for the faint of
> heart. Vmware goes a long way to making Linux a usable operating system for
> purposes other than powering a website.

That doesn't sound to me like Linux in 1999.

I suggest subscribing to a non-advocacy mailing list like
linux-list-request@xxxxxxxx ('subscribe' in the mesg body).

There describe your 'real world of computing' & ask if Linux is for
you. You'll get straight, professional comments.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle