Re: NORTHGATE OMNI PLUS

 I no longer remember how I figured out the 0. I was experimenting with
test.kbd. I also have Borland SuperKey, and that might have helped. The
difference between the two machines might have to do with whether the machine's
BIOS is reading the 8th bit--a guess, based on the fact that decimal 128 in hex
is 80, which differs from 00 only in the 8th bit. In other words, in binary
(which the machine works with) the Cyrillic C (if that is 128) is: 100000000
whereas 0 is 000000000.
  Now whether that relates to how the codes are put out by the keyboard and
read by the machine, I don't know. And whether you could re-write the BIOS if
that is at fault I don't know. Maybe the SYSOP here can help.
  Harry