RE: Xy on Mac

I don't know anything at all about virtualization but I was just reading
about testing various Linux distros using Vmware, and they seem suggest
that "talking" to the "real" OS is done using telnet or Samba...meaning,
I guess, that you don't just access the main system directly. Could that
be true for all types of virtual machines?

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

Lisa Kleinholz wrote:

> The sharing, etc. is only available under most recent versions of
> Windows. If I set up to access CD, nothing. My external floppy shows
> up in the menu, but I can't write to it or read it under Parallels,
> though there is no problem when I switch to Mac.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect that DOS, in and of
itself, can in NO WAY "see" a mac drive; DOS cannot even see NTFS.
(Possibly the CD with MSCDEX, but I doubt it.) Seeing the other Mac
drives must be a function of the Virtualization engine.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx