Re: Opinions on Presario laptop?

I have really liked both of my ThinkPads.

The first came with three years of free 24-hour technical support. One time,
I tipped orange juice onto the keyboard on a plane, causing some keys to
jam. IBM sent me a box via overnight mail, into which I put the machine. It
went back overnight mail. The keyboard was replaced, and I got the machine
back three days later, also overnight mail, all at IBM's expense.

Then the floppy drive died. A new one arrived the next morning. I sent the
old one back to prove it was dead, all at IBM's expense.

When I bought my next ThinkPad, this generosity had been reduced to twelve
months, but whenever I have called tech. support, even after the one-year
period, my questions have always been answered with no hassle.

The snags are: ThinkPads cost more, they weigh more and, as Jordan
mentioned, the batteries do not last that long.

The screen is very good (I think), and I like the trackball. I really
dislike the D*** (how I hate that company after my experience with one of
its machines) move-your-finger-over-an-area cursor "control".

My favorite Victor Borge inflationary language line was: Anytwo five
elevenis?

Regards to all,

Phillip