IMPORTING GRAPHICS

I have been trying unsuccessfully to use the include command to import printer
ready files from my illustrator program (
Adobe Illustrator) into Xywrite V3.56. My printer is an HPIII laserjet with a
postscript cartridge from Pacific Data. I have been using the 3POSTPLS.PRN
driver. Invariably when I try to do this, the printer "locks-up" and has to be
powered down to reset it (printer control panel is disabled). Additionally no
image or text is created. What am I doing wrong? Have I somehow sent the
message to commit Hari Kari to the printer? My gut feeling is that this is
somehow a sizing problem since I think that there is no way for Adobe to know
that it is not printing an image on a full sheet of paper. Ideas and concrete
examples anyone?? Sincerely frustrated importer