From: nsivin
To: xywrite
Subject: Re: html docs
Date: Thursday, April 25, 1996 4:16AM

At 12:45 AM 4/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>≪ (ascii 10, I think, is a special offender). ≫

> Plain vanilla
>ci's (a teensy part of a program that does lots of other stuff) make all
>line endings uniform newlines. No big deal. ... Ciao. --a

Annie: huh? If by "newline" you mean the arrow in a red box that you get
when you enter control-Enter on the commandline, it sure doesn't find any
ascii 10's for me!
I'm using XyDos 4.016. I can't either ci or se for an ascii 10 (linefeed).
I've tried entering it on the commandline as control-Enter and ctrl-alt 10.
I get the "not found" message on files which show the 10's as triangles
pointing rightward.

Could you tell us your version number and *exactly* what you put up on the
command line?

Thanks,

     Harry Binswanger
      hb@xxxxxxxx