Re: pasting from Windows

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:47:08 +0100

> If I am pasting some text from Windows, and if it has, e.g., left and
> right single quotes, XyWrite goes haywire and seems to run some
> program that I have assigned to some special key. Or other nasty
> things happen. Is there any way to avoid this simple thing?

Could you be a bit more specific? Pasting how (the
mechanism/keystroke/method), into what (Window or Fullscreen)?
"Seems" to run what program, on which "special" key? Special in
what sense? Seems to, or actually does, run that program? What
key is that program assigned to? What "other nasty things"
happen, exactly? Are they XyWrite events or Windows/DOS events?
Hard to reconcile how these "things", or thing singular, can be
both nasty and simple at the same time! Are you copying genuine
CP1252 single quotes (chars 145 and 146) or HTML entities
(‘ ’)? What is the source -- text from a browser?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx