Re: OM Variable

How come your message 9163, in reply to my message 9160, was not brought to my
attention when I logged in 11-3-93 in the morning. I had to go through my
transcript copy of the session to see that you replied.,

 >> Unfortunately, our program does not allow you to switch between these
 >> dictionaries within the same session of the program. You must quit out of
 >> the program and reload with a different configuration.

In my preceding message I mentioned that even this solution does not work
properly. With nothing concerning the 3 PCLEXAM instructions in settings.dfl
and the Microlytics chokes when asked to replace current word in eng.spl. In
that context the  on the command line gives a reply of 31 ? Is that
an internal default.

 >> We did however have a window of opportunity to allow users of Signature to
 >> bring their Lexam file over to XyWrite 4 and use them.

Do not tell me that you do not intend to support the PCLEXAM on a regular
basis. I reported some 3-4 months ago problems about the replace function in
french which you did not want to acknowledge (blaming it on memory problems)
because as your answer said "it does work in english".

 >> This adaptation was considered more of an extra in the product, than a
 >> fully designed feature.

All self respecting word processors now offer full support in some foreign
languages. I do not care particularly about PCLEXAM but I am interested in
guaranteed support in the French language. If XY cannot do it I will have to
start looking elsewhere.

  -- Michel Slivitzky

BTW where can I find explanation about the  command Robert Holmgren
mentionned in one of his messages.