Faux Code

Because I'm *such* a nice guy, I've posted a version of FAUXCODE
that will run in XyWrite III+. It's enclosed with a public
message on the
TTG BBS. Chet'll tell ya what the message number is.

Chet, we could land on a separator that would flag functions. If
Ascii-11 () is E-mailable, I'd use that. Eleven's the
function-search flag in Xy4|XyWin, so it's a syntax that's
familiar, idiomatic and ready-made. It'll make the pseudo-code
more cluttered and less readable, but I suppose the trade-off is
a reasonable one. That said,
I want to stress that the caveat on manual editing is meant to be
much stronger than "it's always better to double-check anything
automatically handled...". In the nature of this exercise, it's
guaranteed hands-down inEVitable that the output *will* contain
errors! You could make the "conversion table" a mile long and
still not begin to cover the possibilities. So checking the
output is not optional here; it's absolutely mandatory in every
case! I'd hate to lull anyone into complacency about that. The
best we can hope for is reasonably accurate output most of the
time. I do think FAUXCODE achieves that.

Lemme know if the Ascii-11 (in parens in the preceding paragraph)
comes through. If it does, I'll incorporate it. If not, what
separator would you suggest?

Carl Distefano
70154.3452@xxxxxxxx