Re: Answer Found Re: How get Xy to use network printer

Paul Lagasse wrote:
Office _is_ the PC name, and it is where it should be. And it doesn't work, no matter what LPT I give it.
I know what I'm doing, at least with respect to the net use command,
and I'm not doing anything wrong; I've known what to do since I got my
XP computer and bought an XP handbook. Net use didn't work then, and
it doesn't work now.
OK, I wasn't implying you didn't know what's what, but your problem is a
strange one, and I was trying to get to the bottom of it.
I think there's some sort of underlying fault with the software on the computer related to networking,
Yes, that's definitely what it looks like. I assume this is a name-brand
box? They frequently have all sorts of "utilities" added on, some
useful, some anything but. And all the NT-flavor Windows opsyses have a
lot of security settings that can drive one crazy trying to figure out.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx