RE: Xy3 - reference manuals

Ummmm... Getting Started actually would be quite nice.  I think I've mentioned I'd like
to submit an XY3 package to several DOS abandonware sites that deal in applications
as well as games (there really is a DOS community out there in the Windows age,  no
doubt as Model T enthusiasts continued into the age of...um... the Edsel) so a gentle
introduction to the most powerful of DOS word processors would be a useful thing.

What I'd really like, of course, is to get XyWrite into  Jim Hall's FreeDOS distribution.
But that's likely impossible without source code.  OTOH, if XyWrite III were available
SOMEWHERE, with all the necessary manuals and files, it would be relatively easy to
point DOS users in the proper direction.

> From: flash@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Xy3 - reference manuals
> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:51:10 +0200
> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
>
> Y'all,
>
> Brian and I have been in communication off-list and decided that we
> are willing able to proceed with digitizing the Xy3+ Reference Guide,
> possibly also the Programming and A La Carte Tutorials (later). I
> don't image that anyone on this list would still need the Getting
> Started Tutorial, so we'll leave that one out. We also decided on a
> division of labor: I'll be doing the grunt work, scanning the pages
> and generating the plain text files Brian needs to do the formatting
> and prettifying. How long this might take is anybody's guess, but the
> scanning has already begun.

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos.