Re: More on Tame

Paul,
I don't know if your case is like mine but I spend a lot of hours in front of my display. I don't know how old you are. In my case, the idea of writing for hours in front of a Word or WordPerfect screen could provoke eye shock. XyWrite is designed for the long time writer and if it's your main work tool (as in my case), the idea of a demission is out of consideration. I would continue working under W98SE if XyWrite DOS full screen session is not bearable for you under W2000.
I will post in a few hours details about your font question.
Best wishes,
Manuel Castelao

Paul Breeze wrote:
Sadly, it seems to me that the time has come to consider whether anything might be gained by switching to either Word or Wordperfect. One can customise keyboards in both to achieve something roughly similar to XY. Certainly both have shortcomings but equally so does XY today, and even if we solve this problem, is there going to be another one tomorrow? My current feeling is that if one is going to switch, then Word is the answer. I would prefer Wordperfect, but the fonts in the older versions look very unpleasant (I have 6.1) and Corel appears to have managed to make the later versions less easily adaptable for keyboard only use (I have WP8, aka 2000). The footnote function, for example, seems to me much less useable. I haven't decided to jump ship yet, but I am certainly going to test the alternatives and see how comfortable I can make them. Paul Breeze