Re: How to set a path in Win2K?

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> (a good place to learn basic things that can be done to improve
> Windows is http://www.jsiinc.com/TIP0000/Tip0000.htm).

This site was 404'd when I just tried to get there. I may have a
different URL for Registry hacks somewhere, but will have to look for it.

> It's imperative to be fully backed up and to make copies of the registry
> so
> that you can recover from a botched edit.

A snapshot utility like ConfigSafe (which also has some other "turn back
the clock" type advantages), or the one in the FIX-IT suite from Ontrack,
make this pretty easy, at least as far as the Registry is concerned.

> things that can't be accomplished anywhere else, e.g. forcing every
> command line utility to open in full-screen session, or forcing
> Windows Explorer to use "Details" view all the time instead of
> displaying uninformative icons.

I spend relatively little time in Win, but would like to take advantage of
things like that. You can always hit ALT-ENTER to force full-screen
display, but it would be nice not to have to bother.

Jordan