Re: Icons in taskbar OT

"Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Now the titlebar of a DOS app (or a DOS prompt, command.com or
> cmd.exe) is another matter: that you CANNOT change, and it
> started in W2K. IIRC, I asked about that when I first started
> using W2K at the office and no one knew how to change it. More
> BBBG knows best!

Big Bill Broonzy on Guitar, right?

Patricia, try this:

At the command prompt of a CMD DOS window under XP, type "title Wow I
Have Just Changed the Title Bar!" (without the quotes of course), hit
Enter, and then report back what you see, both in the title bar when the
window is open and on the task bar when the window is minimized.

Actually, the unnamed title field in the Properties for a shortcut
(first field under the Program tab) does the same.

Unfortunately, Harry, this does nothing to the icon, but let's keep
looking for the solution. I also at one point had my individual shortcut
icons (rather than the C:\ thingie) show on the task bar in XP, but I
can't reproduce it now.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx