Re: Xywrite antiques -Reply

Reply to note from cld@xxxxxxxx (Carl Distefano) Sat, 12 May 2001
19:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

> What "expanded type" means in MS Word is that, for example,
> and by default, 1 "point" (whatever that means in Microspeak)
> of spacing is inserted between each character. In other words,
> the intercharacter spacing is increased.

Ah, so. No straightforward way to do *that*, I daresay. Embedded
PCL codes, anyone?

It may or may not be possible to approximate the effect -- very
roughly -- in Xy4 with Speedo fonts, by playing with the second
(width) parameter of the SZ command. For example  for
normal text and  (instead of ) for
footnotes. The second parameter widens the characters themselves; it
doesn't increase the space between them. Certainly not the same
thing as increasing "intercharacter spacing".

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx