Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames (+TMPFILE)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:49:53
+0100

Manuel:

> The only drawback appears
> inside GhostView: I can navigate the file from page 1 to page N but I am
> unable to go back (to the previous page, for example). In this case I
> receive the following message: "No page numbering available".

Cannot reproduce that. Works perfectly here, both using PageUp key to go
backwards, and also "Go To" page number command...

You MUST be using the special POSTGHST.PRN driver to get page numbering
effects. POSTGHST.PRN was specially constructed to work with DSC (Postscript's
Document Structuring COnventions 3.0) and U2's "Postghost" frame. Take a look
at your copy of POSTGHST.PRN: does the prolog begin like this?
 fb<%!PS-Adobe-3.0 {13}%%Pages:...
If not, get a fresh copy (you might have done some beta testing of this a long
long time ago, perhaps? I wrote this back in the 90s at some point, can't
remember.) Truth is, most of this PS stuff has been sitting in U2 for many
years, but I don't know whether anyone used it apart from myself...

Xy2PDF:

> It doesn't work. The following piece of code appears
> in the command line and XyWrite crashes:

I don't see any code exactly like that in the Xy2PDF frame. Did you plug in
the new TMPFILE frame that I posted around the time Patricia and Paul were
wrestling with it? That turned out to their problem, IIRC -- I hadn't given
them that frame...

Ooooh, I'm glad you sent that frame along with your message. That's all wrong
-- must have either encoded or decoded improperly. Even has illegal characters
in it. In any case the final version is dated 4 days later. Use the attached
frames instead: Xy2PDF + Postghost + TMPFILE, all bundled together. MErge
them where the first frame is in U2, then LOADHELP. (Just checked --
works like greased lightning here, great-looking results.) If you are using
Windows, you do not want to use XyShell -- that is still employed only with
OS/2 version of Xy2PDF.

Let me know...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx