Re: file searching/vista help

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows-vista/vistahelper-security.html

> and you don't have to do this annoying WGA thing.
> Why MS should allow
> an external website to access its files without this
> WGA nonsense is
> utterly, utterly beyond me.

Bill,

Thanks for that site's URL -- I'm going to check it
out. My research indicated that Autopatcher had
developed a very solid reputation in MIS circles, and
I was quite impressed with their free and
well-implemented update packages. But then, just a
few months after I found out about them, the Redmond
legal apparatus forced them to walk the plank. Since
then, I've been looking around for non-WU, non-WGA
alternatives, and had identified perhaps three that
seemed to be worth investigating. You may have just
boosted that number to four. I'm hoping one of these
will be just the ticket . . . at least until the
lawyers catch up with them too.

 Jordan