Xy4 and cold feet

To Xy3 holdouts: using Xy4 does not mean ceasing to use Xy3. Get Xy4, and
put it in a separate directory. Then you can run both side by side. If
something is puzzling to you in Xy4, just alt-Tab over to the Xy3 window.
Your safety blanket is always there.
I took this approach with learning NotaBene (NB is just XyWrite for
Windows). I normally have both Xy4 and NB open at the same time. I often
use Xy4 to edit NB files--e.g., I use Xy4 to edit NB's startup, kbd, and
settings.dfl files.
Another thing I've taken to doing is having two separate Xy4 programs
launched at once. (You have to be somewhat careful here, though, since you
don't want to be making changes on the same file in the two different
launches.)

So . . . have it your way AND the other way. And then a third way--all at once.

P.S. having multiple monitors aids this.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx