XyWrite Revealed, third person etc.

 from Morris Krok
   essence@xxxxxxxx
 myfile xymis.txt(toedit)

 to xywrite@xxxxxxxx

 I use xywrite 111 but have all the programs in my arsenal. Xy4dos, =
xywin, nbdos and nbwin5.005a. Nbwin 5.004 did not work as it would not =
load the font files but version 5.005a works fine.

 However as I am well acquainted with XyWrite Revealed by Herbert Tyson =
and most of the programs that is included in his book, I use XyWrite 111 =
extensively to input data.

 What I would like to know has anyone written a program that will =
convert first person into third person. Recently I had to change a 5 =
pages into third person and it was rather tedious.

 Also since 1989 I have accumulated hundreds of files which include =
quotations from many sources. If these are included in more than one =
directory has anyone written a program that will close the current file =
and bring the next one in line in that directory or a file where all the =
directories are combined, onto the screen. In other words the ability to =
go from one file to another in sequence.

 One of the most useful programs in XyWrite Revealed is Home.pm. It puts =
the line where the cursor is one to the top of the screen. It makes it =
easier to edit a screen page file from the top and not the bottom or =
middle. It is a very short program.
DX LB >HM >=3D=3D>DO
MU

 There are two program in Herb Tyson's books which requires a slight =
change to work. Removeit.pm on page 338. First line should read =
 and not

 Getsess.pm on page 335 will work if line six from the bottom is altered =
to the following:
BC jmp XC BC GT NX
in other words he has omitted NX (Next Window function).

 Referring to Savesess.pm on page 334, I do not understand the logic of =
 Line six;  on line seven and =3D=3D1 on line 12. =
Trying to fathom this has bothered me for quite some time. Does anyone =
have the answer.

  By the way I am the fellow that sent the Old Fashion Guy e-mail a =
few weeks back. As I do believe in using the best from the old with the =
new, it should be taken with this view in mind.
=20