Re: XyWin Hogs Warp - Help!

On Wed, 06 Mar 96 14:05:00 PST you wrote:

>Salut all,
>
>I have successfully migrated most of my DOS and Windoze apps to OS/2 but
>have run into a snag with XyWrite for Windows. Unlike my other Windoze apps
>(e.g. Lotus Approach, various utilities) XyWin seems to take over the CPU
>when it is running. It just maxes out at 100% when I load XyWin and it stays
>that way during the whole session, keyboard input or not. Both the OS/2
>Pulse utility and PM Patrol confirm this. My DOS/Windows settings for XyWin
>are the same as those for Approach; I can't find any more specific XyWin
>settings for OS/2.
>
>Have any of you OS/2 users run into this problem or know what to do about
>it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Doug Beeson
>beesond@xxxxxxxx

Douglas,

Same here. I posted about this sometime last year after discovering
that WP 6.1 did not max out the CPU. XyWin is the only Windows app I
have used that does this under OS/2. The good news is that in terms of
system usability it does not seem to matter. In my experience, OS/2
neither slows down nor shows degradation in multi-tasking despite what
XyWin is doing to the CPU. Conclusion: I don't worry about it anymore.
In fact, if I did not use PMPatrol I probably wouldn't know this was
happening.

Cheers,
John Gordon

J.L. Gordon