Re: NB 8 (Trial version)

Robert Holmgren wrote:
 If you asked me what Orbis and Ibidem and Lingua and Frameworks are, I couldn't tell you. It's
interesting to look at their Order page, and see what they think are
"competitive products". M$Word? Word Perfect? Nope.  Instead, they're
things I never heard of (plus, incongruously, XyWrite): Citation, Reference
Manager, Procite, Endnote. Those five products. This is a marketing strategy?
Crazy.)
You mayn't need or use them (though I should expect a scholar, as
opposed to an editor, would have MORE need of them ). But some people
do. And would find them enormously helpful if they work as expected. Say
you've written your book doing your notes as foot- or endnotes and your
bibliography in Turabian style. And now the publisher wants author-date
citations and a different format for the biblio. IF these tools really
work, you wouldn't have to retype a thing; just reformat. (Of course,
that would have put me out of work: I made reformatting notes and
references while copy editing my specialité de la maison for years.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx