Re: Paste into XyDOS from clipboard?

Good point, Brian, although I've never thought of the
need to save the NoteTab pasteboard file before using
the clips in xyWrite as a hassle. That may be because
I don't put NoteTab in the tray, which introduces
otherwise unnecessary pointing device activity. If
it's instead on the taskbar (and the pasteboard file
is the focus), before you go to xyWrite you can just
Alt+Tab to NoteTab | Ctrl+s | Alt+Spacebar->n.

A Windows utility that lets you assign macros
to keys would reduce Ctrl+s | Alt+Spacebar->n to
one keystroke. The D-Systems KR keyboard remapper
http://linux.kurt.hu/marczi/welcome.html I'm
so fond of is one such util. Harry, I believe,
uses a Windows kbd macro util that probably
would accomplish the task as efficiently.

... Sorry, I erred at least once in describing
the process for copying clips directly from win9x
to a file displayed in (full-screen) dos xyWrite.
Correctly, right-click the xyWrite icon on the
Windows taskbar->Edit->Paste. Also, after I
right-click, the win95 in the PC I'm using right
now won't accept e->p->Enter kbd shortcuts--requires
continued use of the pointing device. ... Ciao. 		--a

======================================= adpFisher  nyc
	xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants +
	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures:
http://www.escape.com/~yesss/ ========================================

	[I]f you copy something into a file that's
	been setup via the [NoteTab] "use as pasteboard"
	setting, the designated file doesn't "contain"
	the copy until you save the file. This means
	I can't have NoteTab minimized to the tray,
	control/c in windows and go right to Xywrite
	and retrieve the paste from the file ... I
	have to detour to NoteTab and hit save first,
	and that makes it too many steps to be worth the
	trouble. --Brian Henderson