Re: converting without losing formatting

Mimi Gauthier LeBien wrote:

> I'm new to his mail group. I am wondering if a document can be typed in Word 97
> or Works (even worse) within a Xywrite (I don't think it's 4.0) "normal" and
> then be opened or converted back to a Xywrite document having saved the
> formatting "which would have been saved in the normal."
>
> I would appreciate thoughts on this.
>
> Mimi Gauthier LeBien

Mimi,

I don't quite understand what you're asking here. Interpreting the quote
marks and your use of the word "normal," I intuit this: you're in Word.
You want something that can later be read in XyWrite normal. "I don't
think it's 4.0."

First of all, go to your XyWrite command line, and enter HELP. It will
return a screen showing you what version of XyWrite you are using. Then
let us know. Then let us know exactly what you mean by "normal." Do you
mean XyWrite's "normal" mode vs. its expanded mode, or what?

Once we have these details we should be able to offer some assistance.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press