Re: XY and Online

** Reply to note from "Alarik W. Skarstrom"  03/10/96
9:29pm -0500
> My question is this. I spend a lot of
> time looking at online electronic library catalogues, everywhere. Is there
> any way to split the screen and to run XY 3+ (or XY 4.107? [which I also
> have]) simultaneously with the online OPAC that I am looking at? No, I
> don't wish to "drag" items from one screen (the OPAC screen) into the
> editing field of 3+. I have to format/style the item as I find/type it,
> so it doesn't matter. I just wish I could be online looking at the library
> catalogue at the same time I enter it into my document. Is this possible?
> Incidentally, I do not use or have Windows and don't really want to.

> Alarik W. Skarstrom, New York City
> (acies@xxxxxxxx)

Under OS/2, this is a no-brainer. Put XyDOS in a window on the Desktop, put
your library catalogue in another window -- and there you are, both apps
simultaneously visible and running in real-time on the same screen. Any GUI OS
worth the name should be able to do this...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx