Re: overcoming the XP lag

I don't mean to sidetrack this technical thread, but, when time permits, would someone explain to me the apparent obsession with getting Xy to run in a window?
One reason: one has a flat panel display with a "portrait" orientation (width shorter than height). "Full screen" mode works, but of course displays sideways, which is a little difficult to read ... > It's so easy to toggle
Alt-Enter when necessary;
There's another reason: takes my flat panel several seconds to respond to alt-enter. -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne