Re: new computer XY-DOS

It works fine on XY3.  Just follow Carl's set up instructions.  After that, it's just a matter of deciding how many lines are best displayed on your LCD ("LIN ="  command in config.txt and an SL command in the printer file), which monospaced screen font is the most readable ("font =" command in config.txt), and which print method is best for your purposes.

From: J R FOX
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxx"
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: new computer XY-DOS

That was one of the other things I meant to ask about, so I'll look into this.  I had been thinking we might have to resort to that old and somewhat obscure network printing method that could be done with Xy -- or at least with Xy-4.

I was also wondering about the U2 library for Xy under vDosXy in 64-bit Win, though it may be awhile before I get that far with this.  In the nearer term, I'm going to try to implement what Carl advised for my multiple-load-errors problem.  I hope this works out and fairly soon, as I will then need to turn around and make this setup work with Xy-3 for someone else's new rig, and it's been even longer since I messed around with Xy-3.

   Jordan